26 Nov Strawberry Basil Soda
Posted at 19:49h
- 500g strawberries, trimmed
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- 1 cup sugar
- Soda Sparkled Water
- Place strawberries in a blender and pulse until smooth. Strain through a sieve, pushing juice through with a spatula. Discard solids.
- Pour strawberry juice into a liquid measuring cup. Add water to reach 1 cup if needed. Pour into a small saucepan with lemon juice, basil, and sugar.
- Heat mixture over medium heat until boiling. Simmer 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and let cool. Strain syrup through a sieve into a clean container and discard solids.
- To serve, mix strawberry syrup to taste with Soda Sparkled Water and stir.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries and basil leaves.